Claims can be filed at any time while a policy is in effect or for up to 60 days after the policy expires.
Before a claim can be filed for lost rent, the rent payment must be at least 10 days late.
When filing your claim, be sure to include the following information, to help expedite the process.
- Complete renter ledger
- Any additional relevant documents that support the amount claimed
This will be necessary for our in-house claims team to review the claim.
How to file a claim:
- Log into Portal.
- Go to the Claims tab.
- Click File a Claim in the top right of the page.
- Input the renter’s information.
- Indicate the nature of the loss (Missed rent payments or damages).
- Include any and all relevant documentation corroborating the loss.
- Click Submit Claim.
- Our claims team will thoroughly review the claim and will be in touch with you and the renter.
Note: If both loss of rent & excessive wear and tear occurred, 2 separate claims must be filed.
Renters will be informed by Rhino via email when a claim against them is approved. The email will include claim details, including the amount due and a link to view their payment options. Rhino offers the option to pay in full, or pay-over-time options of 3, 6, and 12 months via credit or debit card.
If a renter has questions regarding their claim, you can tell them to view their claim details from their renter dashboard or in their email, or contact our recovery team at firstname.lastname@example.org.